Drenched in vomit
Great title.
That's what happened to me yesterday afternoon.
My son was invited to a bowling birthday party for one of his friends from preschool. After dropping him off, I was going to take my daughter wherever she wanted to go to spend time alone with me. She wanted to go to Einstein Bagels and get two bags of potato chips (one for her and one to bring back to her brother). Then she wanted to go next door to the health food store and get ginger-pumpkin cookies.
We left my son, N, at the bowling alley, and got back into the car to go to the bagel place. As we stepped into the bagel place she started screaming about something. It took me a moment to figure out that she was saying she was going to puke. We immediately left the store, and I asked her if she wanted me to carry her to the car. She did. Half way to the car, she threw up all over both of us. Fortunately, she hadn't been eating any dairy so the smell wasn't too bad. Had it been, I'd have been ill, too.
I stripped her of her nasty dress and left her out in the 100-degree heat in just her diaper while I found her diaper wipes. I tried to wipe the vomit out of her hair to no avail. I was able to wipe off her arms and legs. My shirt was covered, and it had soaked through my bra. I would have loved to have removed it all, but since I'm not a man, I imagine it would have been illegal. I just did my best to wipe my clothes off. A little got on my pants and a little got on my shoe. Mostly it was on my shirt and arm.
After we were wiped as best I could, we went back home. J (my daughter) fell asleep in the car. I needed gas, and since she was asleep, I decided to fill up while she was asleep. Then we went home. I was able to get her in her bed without waking her up. Then I took a shower, cleaned my shoe, and threw the rest of our nasty stuff in the washer.
Shortly before I had to go pick my son up from the birthday party, my husband came home between appointments. He was able to stay with J while I got N so that I didn't have to wake her and bring a sick kid into a bowling alley. My husband left for his appointment as soon as N and I got back, and J woke up fine about half an hour later. She's fine now, too.
We went to playgroup this morning, and after playgroup, I took both kids to the bagel place to get potato chips, and then we got a box of ginger-pumpkin cookies at the health food store.
Until yesterday, I had never been puked on in public, and I had never been puked on so thoroughly.

2 Comments:
My lasagne nearly made a reappearance reading that post :-)
A friend of mine had a girl fall asleep with her head on his shoulder on a crowded train. She threw up all down the front of him. It went in his shirt pocket. EWWW
Oops! I didn't mean to make anyone ill; I just thought the story was funny. Not a lot of out-of-the-ordinary things often happen to me. That was unusual, so I wrote about it.
I am very lucky I wasn't in a train, the house, a plane, or the car when J got sick. I didn't have to clean up the parking lot.
Post a Comment
<< Home