Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Rabbit--lost and found

I had company this morning. A friend of mine and her three children came over. She went to look at the two new rabbits we just got, and she came back asking where the other one was. I said they are both in their own cage, next to one another. I went to see.

My boy bunny had pushed out his food dispenser and squeezed through the hole it had left. His cage was empty. My friend and I tried to find him but had no luck. I figured my husband would set a trap for him, and if we were really lucky, he'd catch him. Otherwise, I'd be on the phone ordering a new male meat rabbit tomorrow.

When my husband came home from work, I told him about the missing rabbit. He wasn't happy, and didn't have much hope of catching the missing rabbit. After dinner I was watching my husband feed the young chickens. I was just standing around watching them eat and drink while my husband re-filled the water jugs at the hose.
I looked up and saw the little white rabbit. I called to my husband. He immediately went to his truck and got his net. I kept an eye on the rabbit. In one swoop, K had the rabbit in his net. Now the rabbit is back in his cage, and K wired the food holder on better to keep him from getting out again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home