Friday, May 19, 2006

Gardening

I got a little gardening done today and yesterday. Earlier in the week, K and I purchased some vegetable seedlings while J was in preschool. I got a few of them in yesterday, and the rest in this morning. Now I stand a chance at getting all the fresh peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, basil, and dill I want if I can keep the plants watered. I still have tiny seedlings on my porch that I sprouted myself. They might be ready for planting in a week or two. I gardened by taking K out in her carseat, and letting J dig holes in the garden while I put in the plants. It was difficult, but much better than not getting a garden.

My mom had her knee replaced on Monday. She got home from the hospital yesterday. A friend is staying with her. I'm way too far away (700 miles) to help her out at all. I sent flowers that arrived today, though. My brother took her to the hospital on Monday and stayed with her until she was functionally awake after the surgery. I think he got home around 9:30 p.m., and he lives about an hour and a half away from her.

I saw a doctor for my heel spurs on Wednesday. She gave me a prescription for generic Voltaren (an anti-inflamatory). She suggested I see a sports medicine/physical therapist person, but I want to see a podiatrist, so she's given me the name of one and will do a referral so I can have my insurance cover it. The Voltaren is working well. I probaby wouldn't have been able to work in the garden without it. I'm still to keep up the foot excercises she gave me while pregnant. The plan with the Voltaren is that I take it for three weeks and then go off of it with the hopes that I will be cured. I certainly hope so. My podiatrist appointment is a week or so after that, so if that fails, I hope he can fix the problem. My doctor seems very confident that this is curable.

Mr. K has been incubating some eggs. He forgot to put some plug in place in the incubator, so he may have messed up the humidity and they might not hatch. If they do, I think they are due to arrive early next week. I remember from last year that they start peeping before they come out of the egg. Right now they are in our living room right next to the pack-n-play with bassinet that K lives in. I think she's small enough the peeping won't bother her. I hope so.

Last night Mr. K fed K between 9:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. She didn't wake me up for another feeding until 2:54 a.m. That's the best she's ever done. It must be the most sleep I've had straight since April 9. That is so depressing. We are still a long way from sleeping through the night, but I'm so glad K did better last night. I keep telling myself how good it is that this is my last baby and I don't have to do this again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home