Monday, May 22, 2006

Not enough sleep

Mr. K fed K at 9:30 p.m. She slept until 2:30 a.m. I fed her until 3, and then went back to bed. I had a lot of trouble falling back asleep. Anyway, around 4:30, just as I was drifting off, N started screaming for me. He wet the bed. I had to change his sheets. I tried to go to sleep again. It was almost 6 a.m., and I wasn't as close to drifting off as when N woke me up, but I was getting there, when K started to cry. She had stopped by the time I dragged myself to alertness. I tried to fall back asleep, and she cried again. I got up, but she was sleeping when I got to her. I took a shower instead. She was still sleeping when I was done. I fed the cat and went back to bed. About five minutes later, K was screaming loud and clear. I got up and fed her. About half way through the bottle, K tensed up and passed loud gas. Then it looked like she would do it again. Instead she threw up all over both of us. I had to change us both, and then she finished the bottle. To bad I had already had my shower for the day. I went back to bed, and didn't fall asleep before Mr. K got up to go to work. I set my alarm for about 30 minutes later to assure I'd get up to get the kids ready for school. This time, after trying for about 15 minutes, I did fall asleep only to be awakened by the alarm, and I had to get up.

So, I'm extra tired today. I'm thinking of taking a nap. It's about time for K to eat, though, so as soon as I get under the covers, she'll wake be hungry I expect. Then I have to retreive J from preschool. She seldom naps so I can.

3 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, Blogger brillywazz said...

I know what it's like to have a child at school and a pre-schooler and a newborn. There's never enough sleep, everyone needs something and their needs are different and all valid. Talk about being torn apart, you only have a certain (sleep deprived) amount to give and every one wants it...

Keep as well as you can Angela.

Take care

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Thanks for the commiseration.

On the bright side (or perhaps not), J will be out of school this week so I won't have to haul her around all the time (but then I'll have to entertain her), and N gets out of school next month so I won't have to rush around getting ready to wait for the bus (but I'll have to entertain him, too, and keep N and J from fighting all the time). Anyway, by the time N's done with school, K should be sleeping more.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Angela said...

The doctor wasn't happy with how little sleep I'm getting when I saw her for my 6-week checkup. I'm trying to rest more in the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home