Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Past the Half-way point!

My time in the nursery passed okay today. The one girl who was supposed to assist me all week was ill, and possibly could be for the rest of the week. I still had one of the teenagers from yesterday to help, though. When one of the coordinators saw me with just her hauling all the kids out to the playground, she rounded up some extra teenagers for outside (so we could just send in one kid at a time for bathroom breaks instead of us all having to go in) (yes, I asked if they had to go before we went out, but there was still one who suddenly had to go).

Later one of the girls in my group's mom who had been working in the kitchen stayed with us to help. That worked out well so that the teenager could remain in the nursery with the baby who was having a bottle and resting while the rest of us went to the gym to play with balls.

I like at least two other people working with me so that we can easily take a bathroom break or run and get something of find someone without having one person left alone with all the kids.

The boy who is one hit a lot of people and spent some time in the corner today. He especially liked to hit K. He's younger than she is but outweighs her by quite a bit.

We are getting bored with what's available to play with in the nursery. I'm glad we were able to use the gym for variety today.

I am glad I'm doing the first week, when the toys are all "new" to the kids. I don't know what the lady next week will do. They'll be pretty bored with the same-old stuff. I hope she's creative and loves doing things with kids.

Two more days left. I keep thinking if I volunteer for this again, I'll volunteer for kitchen work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home