Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Two Days Down

I'm glad I've got these kids for the first week and not the second. They'll be very bored with the toys in the nursery by next week.

I learned another thing today. If I'd have given it any thought, I wouldn't have had to learn it through experience. It is to ask the potty-trained kids if they need to use the bathroom before we go out to the playground. Three of the four potty-trained kids got to be escorted back inside individually in order to use the restroom. Fortunately, we had no accidents.

The big three year old (almost to heavy for me to lift) who lied about wearing a diaper yesterday pooped again today. I got to change him again. No one else wanted to, and once again, I was the only adult there.

The eight-month-old baby was loved and adored by a pair of the teenagers. They fed him, held him, and everything, and changed his wet diaper. That was a relief for me since I just don't like such small children. It's very hard to manage the older children when one is tied up with a baby. Those girls really enjoyed having the baby there, and he enjoyed them, so it went well.

N and J had a slightly better time today. I was less nervous, too.

A box of vinyl gloves were waiting for me on the changing table, so I was happy.

2 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha i have to laugh reading your last 2 posts, its not something i'd be signing up for in a hurry :)

Hope the rest of the week goes smoothly.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Angela said...

It's going okay. I'm glad you're laughing about my summaries. Being there is pretty boring, which I guess is good. Probably excitement with kids means something goes really wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home