Saturday
I was out in the garden, picking vegetables, the girls were in J's tent which is set up in the yard, and N was in the house, playing on the computer with his Webkinz, when he called out the back door that someone rang the doorbell.
N didn't know who it was because he's too short to see out the peephole, and I've told him not to answer the door if he doesn't know who is there.
I walked across the yard to the front of my house, and just before they left, we saw it was a friend of N's and his dad. N was so excited. He's missed seeing his friend this summer. We had his dad drop his son off for a couple hours. Then when he came to pick his son up, he took N and J, and they had a great time for hours at his friend's house. They even stayed for dinner, which I hear was grilled steaks, green beans, and French fries. I guess the three kids played together well all afternoon. J's been to their house before because they also have a daughter, who is in J's grade. Unfortunately for her, she is at ballet camp in North Carolina right now.
N's friend's dad has loaned me his hand-held GPS unit so I can see if I can figure out how they work, try a little geocaching, and decide if it's something I think I'd like to have. That was nice of him.
N's friend found one of our chickens' "hidden nests" while he was here. It had fifteen eggs in it. It was hidden under a rabbit cage. We had to dump the eggs because they've been out it the heat for who knows how many days, plus, who knows what nasty rabbit poop they have on them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home