Disjointed thoughts
I always do my main grocery shopping on Saturday evenings. I can't today because we took my car in last night (Friday) for it's annual, state-required safety inspection (and a few other things since it was there anyway), and they didn't quite get to my car today. It's second on the list for tomorrow.
I will have to wait until Monday evening to get my week's groceries. The supermarket I go to on Saturdays is closed on Sundays so the employees can spend time with their families and go to church, which is a nice idea. They're the only large store in town that still is closed on Sundays that I can think of.
Mr. K signed a lease with a mother and adult daughter for the house we have for rent at the place that took forever to find the tenant last summer, and who never paid her rent until things went to court. We finally evicted her while I was in Michigan in June. It took him several hours to get the lease signed because apparently this lady had trouble getting all the money together (not a good sign). I guess the big thing she rounded up was a check from her church. Now I have a stack of about four money orders, a fifty dollar bill, a five dollar bill, and a check from her church. I went to rush them to the bank right away to make sure the check would clear, but when I went to my car, it wasn't there because it's at the shop. I think I went out to my car at least three times today only to find it gone.
The kids are happy because they'll miss church tomorrow. They're sad because they'll probably miss the doughnuts afterwards.
Mr. K, K, and I all have some kind of a tummy bug. K complained about her tummy yesterday and today, I threw up this morning, Mr. K spent a lot of the afternoon in the bathroom, and I spent a little time there myself this evening. It's not the horrid, dehydrating, feverish but I had one year right after Thanksgiving. This is much milder, but it seems to last a while, because Mr. K and I have had some problems the past couple days.
Since I couldn't go out tonight, I suggest we go fishing instead. The fish weren't biting very much, and the creek had pretty much dried up to just a couple pools. We went back to the pond itself, and went exploring. I wore my Crocs, as did the kids. We got stuck in the mud, had to take our Crocs off and pull them out of the mud by hand. The mud was bluish black and as squishy as I imagine it would be to step in most of the poop in K's diapers. Thankfully it didn't smell. No one got leeches. N fell into the mud when his Crocs were stuck in it, but he only got the side of himself into the goo, and not his butt and head.
When we got home, we hosed off. My feet and Crocs were still dirty. I had everyone take a bath before mine so I could soak as long as I felt like. I threw my Crocs in the tub with me and used a couple scrub brushes I normally use on the tile on the Crocs, my feet, and my hands. I did a very good job getting the mud off. There's only a little left under a few of my toenails.
I get to sleep in tomorrow morning. That will be nice. I didn't get to today since Mr. K had to get up early to meet the ladies to sign the lease. I've got a lot of clothing I'd like to get folded. I may try doing it in the computer room while I watch a show called Regenesis at Hulu.com. I might just go to my room and fold clothes on my bed while I watch MacGyver on DVD or something. I'd also like to get my sheets changed before I go to sleep.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home