I'm Done
I did my fifth and final day in the church nursery today. It went pretty well. We finally got things down to a routine--play with toys, go outside, play with toys, have snack, play with toys, play with balls in the gym, play with toys, and clean up. I left a note for the person working next week regarding the time we used the playground and the gym. These times might not work for her if the Vacation Bible School kids need either at those times, though, but at least she'll know they're available to her.
Today (and I'm surprised it took this long) the teenage males figured out I had teenage females working in the nursery. For most of the morning, I picked up an extra volunteer. He's a son of the friend of mine with six kids. He didn't distract the girls, and I got him to help pick wet goldfish crackers off the floor with me after the one-year-old boy put them in a cup of water and poured it on the floor.
I'm not sure if I'm taking N and J at all to Loreto next week. The mother of this young man is teaching the class for fourth graders, so she'll be there every day. She lives near me and has room in her van for both my kids. I might just take her up on her offer to transport N and J. I'm thinking of going Monday morning, though, and talking to the lady running the nursery so she isn't as clueless as I was when I walked in last Monday.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home