Saturday, August 16, 2008

Doughnuts

I had a really stupid idea today. Instead of making a regular dinner, which the kids seldom even eat, I wanted doughnuts for dinner. We also had leftover chicken from last night to go with them. I made a cake doughnut recipe and heated canola oil in an electric skillet. I made way too many doughnuts, and now I have some in the freezer and a zip lock bag on the counter. I also feel sick to my stomach. I did eat a little chicken, but mostly I had doughnuts.

Oddly enough, J ate better than normal. Yes, she had doughnuts, but she also ate a lot of chicken and even had some frozen raspberries for dessert.

Anyway, because of how unwell I feel, next time I think doughnuts for dinner would be a good idea (it's never happened before today), I need to re-think it.

4 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

It's usually the kids who think that doughnuts for dinner would be a good idea, not the parents. LOL
Can you share your doughnut recipe. Are they round with a hole or sausage shaped. I'd like to give them a try.

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger brillywazz said...

I've seen the photo of your doughnut. It looks great.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I've e-mailed you with a scan of my doughnut recipe. I hope your e-mail box has enough room for the file to arrive. I guess if it doesn't, let me know (or I will find out when it bounces), and I will try something else.

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy dinner haha Harry would love that kind of dinner as well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home