Squeaking in a post
I thought I'd post while I'm icing my heel spurs. Since I'm supposed to be resting every chance I get, I probably won't be using the Internet much. I've moved my foot excercizes (and icing) into the day instead of evening in order to pick up about twenty minutes of extra of sleep.
I don't know when Kate will sleep through the night. I'm guessing things will be more like "normal" in a couple months. Mr. K is now taking a later evening feeding in order to try to push K's next feeding later into the early hours of morning so I get more uninterupted sleep. In the past week, I've also had to get up twice with N in the night--once for a bad dream, and once for a wet bed. Then last night I had to get up once with J--she fell asleep before bed time and didn't get her poison ivy treated. She woke me up to tell me this; I told her we'd do it in the morning. It takes me quite a while to fall back asleep after getting up. No wonder my doctor thinks I'm not doing well.
Well, it's hot dogs for dinner tonight. Yuck! At least there's a pretty good chance the kids will eat their dinners, though. I just heard my timer go off, so my heels are iced.

2 Comments:
What are heel spurs? Never heard of it but doesn't sound nice...sorry your still not getting great sleep, H has only just started to show signs of sleeping through which is lovely but we stopped his nightime feed a few weeks ago and if he wakes we just rewrap him, dummy and music back on and he would go straight back to sleep, its certainly a change once it happens, but then you have 2 other kids to look after as well...K must be getting big now, take care..
I'm not sure what heels spurs are, but I know they hurt. I've been too tired to understand the doctor's explanation.
I'm glad H is nearing sleeping all night. I can't wait until K does. K is getting big. She got weighed Thursday, and came in at 9 lb. 3 oz. It's hard to believe some babies are born this big or bigger.
As far as I know, I don't need surgery on the heel spurs. I don't think surgery works well for the problem. I'll know more after I see a podiatrist in the middle of next month.
Post a Comment
<< Home